A few years ago, I began taking pictures of landscapes, sunrises and sunsets. Photography gave a bit of tranquility to the hectic travel schedule and speaking engagements that dominated my occupation during that time.
"One freezes time in a photograph. The camera lens captures a moment, which can never be duplicated. My mission is to share some of these unique instances. I am hopeful that my work will spark nostalgic memories and an appreciation for the spectacular beauty that surrounds us".
I often photograph popular areas, ever striving to bring a fresh perspective to the composition. Lighting alone can transform a picture.
2007 Juried Events include:
- Legislative exhibit entitled "Kentucky Visions at the Capitol"
- "Kentucky Visions" presentation at the Living Arts and Science Center in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Solo exhibitions at the Leeds Center for the Arts in Winchester, Kentucky.
- Nominated and accepted into the Southern Artistry Federation
2008 Events include:
- Gloria Singletary Center, Lexington, KY
- KY legislative Exhibit, Frankfort, Ky.
- Ky Crafted: The Market 2008, Louisville, Ky
- Francisco Farm Art Fair, Midway, Ky
- Ky Derby Art Festival, Louisville, Ky
- Finalist "Mark of Great Art" contest sponsored by Maker's Mark Bourbon
National credits include:
- Finalist awards published in "Photographer's Forum Spring Photo Contest" in 2003, 2004 and honorable mention in 2005. These photographs were selected from more than 20,000 entries from over 20 countries. I am very honored to join with this elite group.
I've recently opened a gallery & studio at 312 1/2 South Burns Avenue (behind the College Park Gym on Wheeler Avenue) Winchester, Kentucky.